Wednesday, September 30, 2009

What I've learnt so far at Brock:

- 99% of the asians at Brock are international students. If you look asian, people assume you are from mainland china and don't know any English.

- Many people are surprised to hear me speak fluent Canadian English.

- women get married really young in Saudi Arabia. They usually have a minimum of 4 kids.

- There's a pregnant woman in my class. Her due date is on a Saturday in November. We don't know when exactly the baby wants to come out. It might happen during class....

- many people are married in my class, especially the international students. People have kids and wives waiting for them back home. wow. They must really want to become an English teacher.

- first year students really respect TAs. I am loving my job right now. On the other hand, I don't like teaching adults...

- the professors are really strict on APA conventions. eeeeeeeekssss =S=S



Please continue to pray for me. There's a lot to be done and I am trying really hard to do well in each assignment.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

true that! O_O I saw the first year psych kids stare at me with their wide innocent eyes today!... except i have two 50+ women in my glass who kinda scare me a bit T_T That, and two girls that came early were like "YOU'RE the TA?!" when I introduced myself. bahahha...

pwn them with your linguistic skills, msMasters :P lolz. APA isn't too hard, if you have any issues with formatting, ask me or look up the manual xD it's not too difficult.

And yes. Many continued prayers for you :) we can do it! two more months!

:: k e l l y :: said...

you are a single, dependent-free, fluent in English, 100% asian girl whose identity is in Christ alone!

show Brock who you are :)