God has really blessed me with awesome housemates this year. When I was freaking out last week, when I had no one to talk to and when I missed home so badly last week, these two girls were by my side encouraging me, telling me that everything's going to be okay.
I have never lived off campus before and it was quite overwhelming in the first week because I didn't know them at all. How should I act? Are they mean people? Are they super studious? After all, they are international students from Trinidad and Tobago, and they have to pay double the tuition fees. Slowly as I reveal myself to them and they to me, I realized that we all have a lot in common. One of the girls is finishing up her undergrad in linguistics, specializing in Speech Language Sciences; the other in Child and Youth studies. Both of them have helped me within these two weeks, from teaching me which bus to take to the mall to telling me what to use to clean the house. Both of them lovelovelove sushi (just like me!) and lovelovelove chinese food (just like me!). They even know how to use chopsticks! They have included me in all the activities they do.
My God is an awesome God. He is faithful and always provides the things I need. Having awesome housemates already lessens one thing that I have to worry about.
Praise the Lord!
2 comments:
that is AWESOME pris.
our Lord is wonderful :)
mississauga misses you,
kelly
yay for awesome housemates! does your housemate from trinidad & tobago have a cool jamaican-like accent? 'cause my cousins from trinidad do!
Post a Comment