Academics
School's been really busy. There's at least two things due each week and it takes a lot of time for each assignment to be completed. My presentation last week was good; I thought it was okay at first, but a lot of my classmates told me afterwards that I did a great job, especially with that listening comprehension activity - "The Culvian Selgian". I just hope the professor felt the same way. I did the best that I could so no regrets, right? I really want to get at least an A- even though it might be hard to achieve considering it is grad school and they expect a lot from you.
School sometimes discourages me. To be honest, I do feel like I am at the very bottom of my class. Even International students who don't have as much English background as me still do a better job. I suck big time, I feel very self-conscious when I speak because I am afraid that people will think lowly of me, but I force myself to participate anyway because I want the professor to know that I am actually trying my best. I dont know, this may just be me overreacting for no reason.
The 3000 word paper that I had to write over my Thanksgiving weekend was not entirely complete. I only had 1558 words in the end. I didn't have enough information to write stuff. When I posted my paper at 11:59pm on Sunday, I realized that I was not the only one with <3000 style="font-weight: bold;">Friends
I am making lots of friends here at Brock. My classmates are literally my friends since we see each other almost everyday for a minimum of 3 hours. People are really nice and helpful. So everything is good. There are 3 Christians in my class. The story how I found is kinda interesting. I was chatting with P. one day and she randomly blurted out "I went to BCF last year." My brain immediately clicked and I proceeded to ask her for confirmation "BCF? as in Brock Christian Fellowship?" P. said "YES!" I replied "I went to C4C yesterday. I am a Christian too!" P. became excited all of a sudden and said "hey! you know R. (another classmate) is also Christian and we go to the same church! Would you like to come to church with us this Sunday?"
So I went to their church that weekend I didn't come home. It was very Portico like, very white and very warm. It is a pretty good church, but it is just too far and I don't want P. have to always come pick me up. But all in all, I am REALLY thankful that I know some Christians at school and having them as my classmates is just a bonus!
Housemates
My housemates and I are doing well. We are living really well together. We laugh and joke around alot. We actually have alot in common even though they are from Trinidad. They eat Chinese food, not those whitewashed chinese chicken balls, but real chinese food like dried prunes and chinese crackers?! yea. I am more close to one housemate than the other, prolly because we are both in Ling and that we have alot more things in common. The week that I didn't come home, I watched "He's just not that into you" with L. I am just really thankful that I get to live with these awesome girls! PTL!
Spiritual
I am doing well in this field. I usually spend time in prayer while waiting for the bus in the morning or pray during my bus ride to school. I am praying consistently everyday. Not gonna lie, but I do sometimes feel burdened to read the Word or even go to church, but then I always tell myself that I can't be tempted by Satan to stop worshiping God because of the lack of time I have for school work. He's the one who placed me here. He's the one who gave me wisdom and intelligence to do well in school. He's the one who helped me through all my tough times. He's the almighty God. Nuthing can be more important than Him.
Teaching
My TA job is quite tiring. I am thankful that my students are listening to me but at the same time, I am having a hard teaching them the concepts. No one taught us how to teach so how exactly are we to teach professionally? Man, I really need some real teaching experience. Please pray for me.
Love
I will come back to this later.
This Weekend
I am coming home this weekend just because I didn't have much of a long Thanksgiving weekend. I actually can't count that as a weekend.
Thank God I actually have some spare time this weekend to play and catch up with work.
Anyone wanna hang out?
BACK TO PRESENTATION PREP. I AM SCREWED. Please pray for me! please! thanks.
1 comment:
wowwow :D ms crazy busy! hahah
I am glad that your presentation went well. School is always discouraging this time of the year, though, but I'm glad you're still pushing yourself to be in it! haha
I am glad there are other Christians in your program, and that you and your housemates aren't trying to kill each other :) It's good that you're also on track spiritually ... Don't let Satan win! haha... I will be rooting for you all the way over here :)
p.s. being a TA is super fun. Its strange having people actually listen and care about what you want to say, but I love it!
I hope you have a nice weekend at home with everyone! Can't wait to see you in a few months :) And hopefully talk to you before then :P
Post a Comment