Not sure if you guys heard about the death of John Travolta's son, but he died on Jan.2 after he hit his head on the bathtub at the family's vacation home. Apparently, he is diagnosed with a disease called "kawasaki disease" that causes people to have seizures. What surprised me the most about this whole thing was that the Travoltas' knew of his son's disease but did not allow treatments/medications because of their practice in scientology.
I have actually been researching since the summer and wanting to know more about this "religion" but I usually stop in the middle of my research because each time when I click on the links or watch videos on youtube, there is this uneasy feeling. There is this creeping feeling that I can't explain...I dont know...as if the presence of Satan is near? I dont know. I still dont know what this religion is all about. Hopefully someone can help me out.
A couple of questions for my fellow readers:
1)What is scientology? What are their doctrines?
2)Why are there so many celebrities practicing this religion? (ie. Ellen DeGeneres, Tom Cruise...)
2 comments:
Most celebrities have a very shallow understanding of the religion. It's kind of a fad.
Wikipedia'd it?
The "creeping feeling" is something I am concerned about. Remember, Jesus has all authority (1 Cor 1:15-17, and Satan is under God's control. Satan roars like a lion (cuz that's all he can do) (1 Pet 5:8), but if we resist him, he has no choice but to go away (James 4:7).
Have you read any critiques of scientology? (esp. from a Christian perspective)?
Lemme know,
Richard
i'm interested in this too
Post a Comment