Way back when I was studying for exams in December, I came across a couple of videos on youtube. Everyone knows that North Korea is a very isolated country. No one can go in or out without risking their lives. I dont know how I landed on this documentary but it really opened my eyes as to how messed up/brainwashed these North Koreans are.
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
The videos really made me cry, especially in parts 6 and 7. Not because of my pity for them but because I am just so angry and frustrated at this dictator. He tells his people that he is the son of God and that everyone must worship or else. He tells them that without him, there is no korea. I dont even know if people really believe that he is the son of God or just out of fear. What really angersme the most is near the end of the documentary when people got their eyes fixed. EVERYONE praised kim jong il. EVERYONE promised to obey the him. NO. Why are people praising him? He was the one that made everyone in pain in the first place. He is NOT worthy to be praised.
This documentary really made me reflect on my actions. What am I doing here? I know it is practically impossible and unrealistic to spread the Word to North Koreans but what about here in Canada? Canada is a multi-religious country where there aren't any prosecutions, and I am not even working hard to evangelize. If I am not putting in the effort to evangelize here, how am I going to expect North Koreans to hear the gospel?
"But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth." Acts 1:8
hmmmm. food for thought.
No comments:
Post a Comment