Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Reasons why winter is better than summer:

I am serious. I really LOVE winter.

1) Weather:
I love how cold winter can get; even when it is -20 C. Although your skin may get dry and your hair may turn static-ky, it is way better than having your skin feeling sticky. I really hate how hot summer can get and the thing is, you can only turn up your AC so high.

2) Clothing:
I love wearing hoodies and winter is the best season to wear them! You can definitely wear hoodies in the summer but that's just weird. In the winter, you can put on as many layers of clothes as you need, but in the summer, you can only take off so many.... well, unless you want to go naked.

3) Food:
I find that food tastes ALOT better in the winter. Well, in terms of Korean food. all those kimchi jigae (stews) and bibimbaps were MADE for winter to warm up your body. Just like how we eat hotpot in the winter to keep us warm. Who eats hotpot in the summer? No one. Well, I only know a few people in Markham. And icecream still taste good in the winter. mMmmM.

4) Scenery:
Snow looks SOOO much prettier than grass. Eventhough I have to shovel the snow, I still love winter! You can play with the snow(ie. building forts, snowmans....), but you can't play with the grass. There are snow angels but there is no such thing is a grass angel.

5) Sports:
I like winter sports more than summer sports, except for skating and snowmobiling. And the fact is, you can do summer sports in the winter but you can't do winter sports in the summer. HAHAHA.

6) Other:
I just love the feeling of entering into a warm home.
I love the feeling of reading the newspaper by the fireplace with a cup of hot chocolate. awesome! Cozy!!!!!!
I love sleeping in the winter!



Winter is better than summer. Don't you agree?

4 comments:

cluk said...

Very well written priscilla!

My family has hot pot in the summer, so I guess we're one of those "markham people" haha =]

:: k e l l y :: said...

you know me and hoodies so i'll definitely support that statement :) and i have to say that i still do wear hoodies in the summer so don't hate!

eleasa said...

i feel like this post was written just to spite me. :P

ml said...

I AGREE!!!