So this weekend was one of the craziest weekends at Mac. A fire broke out at 4am on saturday morning at Brandon Hall which is right across from my res. I didn't know anything till the next morning when Curtis called me and asked if Steph knew about it.
So the story was that a fire broke out on the 2nd floor of Brandon Hall which led to a 400 student evacuation. It was Mac's Homecoming this weekend so alot of people had guests over from another university to celebrate and stuff. This stupid kid(s) decided to do something stupid by setting newspapers on fire IN THE ELEVATOR and PRESSED ALL THE BUTTONS. As I was listening to Cotoia, my friend who is a CA at McKay Hall, telling me about the story, I just couldn't help it but felt the need to slap this kid for his stupidity. Didn't his parents ever tell him that fire is dangerous?
On that saturday, some ppl had to write midterms with only their PJs on and nuthing to write with. They didn't even food cuz they had no money or student cards. 4 people had to be sent to the hospital: 3 with minor smoke inhalation and 1.... I dont know what happened, but is slowly recovering.
Steph lives on 2nd floor of Brandon this year and I am just sooooo thankful that she went home this weekend eventhough she goes home every weekend. She was really stressed out already with school and now everyone that lives in Brandon are literally HOMELESS. Steph's been through alot for the past two years ago and I am sure she and her family are both scared of death....which I dont understand why God's doing this to her but I have faith that God's trying to tell her something.
I've stopped talking to her about God ever since summer cuz she would always ignore me every time I talk about God on MSN. BUt this time, I was just sooo eager to tell her to really THANK THE LORD that she's safe and that she wasn't there. She kept ignoring me but I didn't care, every other sentence I kept telling her that it wasn't because of luck or coincidence, but that God was watching over you, soo please thank Him for everything. I think she finally got annoyed and said " yaa! I knoww!!!" hahah.
anyway, now everyone's either living in the gym at the Red Cross Evacuation Center, sleeping on someone's floor in another res or commuting since this thing won't be solved anytime soon. Andrew and Steph are both from Thornhill and Aurora which is about 1 - 1.5 hours drive away. It is just a waste of time and that they still need to pay for parking. At least cops took essential stuff for 2nd floor people and are allowed to pick them up at Les Prince.
I am also very thankful that it didn't happen to me because my room is actually right outside the elevator and I heard that the 2nd floor elevator room is burnt pretty badly. Man... God is just sooo mighty.
The whole thing is frustrating cuz it is happening to my friends and I am just really angry that they still can't find the person who set the fire. The person is a guest sooo I am sure he's gone by now....and I know he/she won't be surrendering anytime soon....
But our God is just and I know He'll punish this person many times more than he's supposed to be punished..... which makes me feel better about this situation.
click here for more information
1 comment:
oh. dear. homecoming brings out the absolute worst in stupidity. queen's has had plenty of experience too... setting cars on fire & flipping over boats... i'm so glad that your friends are ok physically though! where are they staying now? & praise God that you weren't living at Brandon!
perhaps this is a mysterious way God is working in Steph's life! i'm glad that you're still able to witness to her. keep on the watch for those opportunities! & we'll keep on praying for her. :)
Post a Comment