Saturday, January 5, 2008

You Are What You Eat

So today I spent 2 hours watching 2 episodes of 'You are what you eat' on WB. Okay, that show really grossed me out.
The show was basically about a health doctor/dietician teaching two super fat - morbidly obese people to shed off a few pounds by changing their eating lifestyles. Apparently, the narrator said that one third of the people in Great Britain are obese. And I was like..."really? I thought they were sooo skinny! Look at posh spice" It sounded as if obesity was more of a factor than the united states. Anyways, in the beginning of the show, they showed what the two heavy people eat on a daily basis. This guy ate like 66 slices of bacons a week, 35 rowies (English snacks?)/week, drank 3L of coke/ week and literally added spoonfuls of sugar to their already-surgared cereals. Others were even more absurd, this lady would drink 35 glasses of beer each week. uhh... does that mean she gets drunk every week?? O_O In addition, it made them look sooo bad when the cameraman zoomed the camera to their mouths when they were eating. ewwwww. Anywho, So basically the two heavy people ended up living with the doctor named Gillian for 8 weeks in hopes to change their eating habits. They teach you all the foods that have adequate nutritions and are healthy to the body. For example, I learned that seaweeds have a lot of vitamins and minerals, thus sushi eaters are mostly healthy people. (As for sumo wrestlers, I dont know if they are healthy or not). From time to time, Gillian would yell at the two heavy people who are trying to refrain from eating junkfood... which I think is soooo mean of her. But then, people need discipline, right? But then, she yelled at a reverend who was trying hard to go on a diet.. but unfortunately he failed. He ate somekind of junkfood or whatever and gillian crashed the service while he was preaching. RUDE. And to make the show more fascinating for the viewers, they made the two heavy people collect their feces and analyze them. Good thing I changed the channel fast cuz it would be really gross. GROSS. GROSS. Anyways, after 3 minutes of not watching that show, I switched back to see the ending. The two people got grossed out by their way of eating and they began to eat healthier. In the end, they lost quite a few pounds.


The point of this post is that for one of my new years resolutions, I am gonna start eating healthier starting Jan 7th. There will be no guarantees but I will do my best. Man, I got really grossed out by that show....ewwwwwww. =S

The end.

1 comment:

:: k e l l y :: said...

you ate TRIPE today does that mean you're tripe?!?!?! hahahaha.
mwah.