I went home this past weekend and it was soooooooo good. Honestly, I am still not used to school and I dont want to stay in the room all by myself cuz it gets really lonely....
On Friday, I came home and called a friend whom I haven't talked to in a veryyy long time. We went to this Filipino 'store' near my home because I wanted to try filipino food.
Things I learned about the filipino culture:
- the food tastes like Chinese food. It is a bit more saucy and oily
- they dont use knives to cut things. Apprently, knives are for western people. They eat with a fork and a spoon.
- guys are supposed to eat rice with their right leg raised up so their right arm can lead on it to pick up the rice (?) but yea, in the chinese culture or any other cultures, putting up your leg is very rude.
- Everyone gets a plate of food. Unlike the chinese culture, we have a lot of dishes in the center and people just take it whenever they want.
- the food is always accompanied by some type of rice or noodle
- filipinos dont like to eat vegetables. Their food is allll meatmeatmeat!
ya, it was great learning about the filipino culture.
I loooooooooove trying new foods and learning about new culturesssss.
On saturday, it was family day. yay! <3
On Sunday, I read my textbooks and did stuff.... and at night I went back to mac.
Something funny happened in the car while my parents drove me back to school... my dad randomly said that he is a pro at MSN and MSN-lingo. And honestly, it is quite weird when he msgs me on msn using things like.. TTYL and how r u doing? and all these emoticons.. but anyway, he wanted to prove that he knew all these msn lingo by asking me to test him.
Pris: what's ttyl?
dad: talk to you later.
Pris: what's nvm?
dad: ...uhh.. dont know.
Pris: what's brb?
dad: be right back
dad: let me test you now.
Pris: ok
dad: what's ty?
Pris: thank you
dad: what's mgf?
Pris: O______O???
dad: hahaha, ma gwai fan ( annoying/troublesome in chinese)
Dad: what's sc?
Pris: uhh. student center??
dad: say chun ( stupid/dumb in chinese)
HAHAHAHAHHAAH.
The end.
3 comments:
i think filipinos eat more hand food - and they don't use chopsticks. and ya i think their food is really greasy
yoo ur dad is so funny ahha
blog blog blog!
lol did you just get owned by your dad in msn jargon?? hahahahhahahah mr wong is so funni3!
Post a Comment