Monday, May 11, 2009

Time to grow up?

So lately I have been feeling the need to grow up. Not sure if it is still from the excitement of finishing undergrad or...if it is something else. But a lot of people, both young and old, have told me that I am "old" now because I am done university. My parents and other wise parents have told me that I am "older" now, so I need to do this and that......Honestly, I couldn't really accept the fact that I am "old" now because I will forever be young at heart. I am quite immature most of the time and I dont know if I am ready to grow up yet. But then, the problem is that everyone my age is growing up. At least 5 acquaintances of mine are getting married this year at the age of 22. Some even got engaged in 3rd year and waiting to graduate to get married. I am not worried about the marriage part cuz God has His own plans for me (Jeremiah 29:11), but I feel like everyone's moving on with life and I am still stuck in my own little highschool brain. It is as if all of a sudden, everyone's growing up and I can't catch up cuz I dont want to change...I love being young.

I guess it is time to grow up.....? And I guess from now till September is the transition to "adulthood".

what do "adults" do?

1 comment:

richard said...

they complain and moan about..

the economy
their unmarried children
their co-workers

that is all.