Today I got a glimpse of what it would be like teaching in Korea. It was exactly what I had expected. Tough, but exciting! Now I can't wait to go next year after I finish grad school. This is really what I want to do for the rest of my life! ahhh, I finally found my passion! Thank you God!
Apparently a lot of people don't know what I'll be doing in September which I think is kinda weird because I thought I told everyone. Guess not. Some aunties and uncles thought I would be going to UofT for pharmacy this september...? uum, yes, well, I've originally wanted to get into pharmacy, but after two years of rejections, I decided to give up. So no, I won't be going into pharmacy. Oh well, perhaps God just doesn't want me doing this? who knows. Some people thought I'd be going to Korea this year, but I won't be because of the next item. I have decided to do Masters in Applied Linguistics, specializing in teaching ESL instead of doing teacher's college at OISE. I am still sad that I have to let go of teacher's college because I applied for the program way before I knew about the masters program, but after manymanymany prayers and discussions, I think Masters is really want I want to do this year and I can't wait to start!
My plan right now is to do awesome things and make awesome memories this summer because it will prolly be my last summer ever, since the grad program is from september to august. And then after that, I hope to go korea and live there forever....eventhough I have never been there before. Haha. Yesterday I researched on the immigration policy in korea and I found out that I can't immigrate there no matter how long I live or work there because I am not a Korean. I am only eligible for citizenship/permanet residency if I marry a South Korean or invest more than 5 million US dollars in the local economy. haha.... sooo I guess we'll see where God takes me; maybe I'll marry a South Korean or have 5 million US dollars to spare sometime in the future? hahahahahahahahhahaa. No matter how much I love the Korean culture, I'll always be proud of being Canadian-Chinese. =)
So the Lakers won the Western Conference finals and there is a chance they will win the 2009 NBA finals. I am gonna be sooooooooo happy when they winnnnnnnnn! One of my life goals is to watch the Lakers play @ the Staples Center.
2 comments:
maybe the koreans will let you in if you make me really good yummy dokbokki :D
$5 million USD??! you should definitely find a south korean man, pris.
and where in the world is the staples centre? is this another one of those "skydome turned rogers centre" places in canada or north america?
Post a Comment