Saturday, November 15, 2008

Wednesday

Last wednesday was the day that steph and I planned to have dinner with kathy and soojin, but soojin had something to do so we cancelled dinner. Since last wednesday also marked the end of immunology test #2 and Religious studies of Japan for steph, I proposed the idea of celebrating... Honestly, I didn't want to just stay in my room and watch dramas when I could be spending some quality time with people. Since Steph brought her car to mac, we decided to take advantage of that and just went to dinner ourselves. We went to Korea House which is located on Victoria and Cannon! I was REALLY craving for some Korean street foods -- dok bokki =9

Dok bokki: rice cakes with fish cakes in spicy sauce. It is honestly the best thing made. <3>
banchan/side dishes: I love all of them!

beansprouts are one of my favs

dwenjang jigae: seafood w/tofu stew: It was alright. I am not a seafood fan but we've never tried this before so ya...

jap chae bap: chop suey w/ korean clear noodle over rice. The dish was kinda oily but it was really good.
I LOVE KOREAN FOOD!

What's good about korean food is that you can mix everything together and the food still taste good. I think it is because alot of the food has the same taste? I couldn't take spicy stuff before but I got used to it after eating alot of korean food. So now I can eat spicy stuff! whoohoo!

To all my devoted readers out there, we should go eat some korean food!

After dinner, we both felt really stuffed and we really wanted something hot to get all the stuff down our system. But we didn't know where to get the hot drink... second cup? tim hortons? We didn't know where we wanted to go. And since we didn't want to spend anymore money cuz the korean food was kinda expensive already due to our craziness of ordering so much, I suggested that we go for karaoke. Steph told me earlier that she was craving for some karaoke right after the immuno test so I thought we should just go karaoke to satisfy her craving. And that place served hot drinks for just $5 with everything included! I know, great deal!

We both didn't know how to get to babyface via car so we decided to call our other friends, ivan, maggie and alvin to come join us. We went back to mac to pick them up and off we go to babyface.

We arrived at the place and realized that they didn't have any hot drinks. Oh well.... karaoke wasn't so good that night. The mics were all bad and the waiter was sooo incompetent! He didn't know anything and didn't care about anything cuz he was soo into his anime and game. We sang till about 12am and left cuz ivan needed to go home to study for a test.

It was an awesome night to relax after studying so hard for the immuno test.

btw, we originally said that we needed to make it a quick dinner cuz we needed to go home to study but....I didn't do anything that night and stayed up till 3am to watch dramas. Yes, I felt very guilty while watching....


meet steph


And then the next day, steph and ivan decided to come over and go crazy with the downloads. He downloaded 5 gbs of stuff off my computer! crazy people!

here is ivan studying and downloading at the same time



3 comments:

:: k e l l y :: said...

the dokbokki looks SO good. we NEED to go asap. like seriously i love spicy and i love ricecakes. we belong together :)

can't wait til you're back so we can hit it up korean style.

ml said...

i absolutely LOVE korean food! when are you coming home next?

eleasa said...

DOK BOKKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!