Monday, March 3, 2008

Active Fellowship Lifestyle

I am so glad that I went to the Chinese service yesterday because it was one of the best messages I have heard. To some people, this might be nuthing but to me, it touched my heart greatly. The topic was "active fellowship lifestyle" (-ish?) in English. Pastor Paul prepared it welll and just talked about how we should be with our fellowships. The church is one big ship and when you're in trouble or drowning in the waters, your small group is your lifesaver. they are supposed to save you by helping you through trouble...pray for you...

I believe this msg has made people think of their fellowships/small groups. It got me really thinking about Zoe about whether we're being active as a fellowship or whether we are just together for social gathering. In the last year, how many times have we gathered as a group to pray for each other, the church, the needy? How many times do we msn/call up each other and see how they're doing? Zoe is definitely one of the smallest fellowships in the church and sometimes I just dont see and feel the closeness of the fellowship.. maybe for the girls but definitely not the entire fellowship. We just dont open up ourselves enough, including myself, to allow others to help us even when we're drowing inside.

Pastor Paul really opened my eyes as to whether Zoe is being an active fellowship that God wants. Are we all supporting each other, praying for each other's needs? or is everyone thinking they are the best and just need one another once in awhile to boast about how good they are?

I really believe that there should NOT be a leader in fellowship (... But a facilitator). No one is better than anyone. We are one big ship; when one drowns, everyone is responsible for helping.


I really wished that everyone from Zoe could have listened to this sermon. And it is not like no one couldn't understand Chinese. It was simply and direct.

But anyhow, what can I say...I first have to start with myself. But one way does not work, in order for fellowship, we need two ways. One gives and the other receives.


I am just soo thankful for the two girls in Zoe who always keep me accountable in life... who always support, encourage and pray for me in all circumstances. <3<3


God touched me greatly yesterday..... soo I was crying like a baby.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
the end.

1 comment:

:: k e l l y :: said...

wow pris!
i really do wish i was there cuz my cantonese isn't THAT bad so i'm sure i could've understood it.
i TOTALLY agree. i NEED small groups and i NEED to feel loved by you girls and WANT to pray for you and NEED/WANT to love you specifically.
come to the planning meeting and you can say that! okay?
planning meeting is....i think this friday (march 7th)
lub u,

me