Thursday, July 12, 2012

Accomplishments @ 25

Just like the past 24 years, my 25th birthday came and went. I decided to play it differently this year by spending it with a different group of friends in a different province. I wasn't too excited about it initially because I don't really hang out much with these friends, but they all really wanted to go to Montreal for the long weekend. The planning sucked tremendously because everyone had a different opinion about the cost expense and I just got really frustrated with how everything turned out. However, the Lord was gracious and things just automatically fell into place. There wasn't much to do in Montreal besides visiting popular tourist attractions such as the Notre-Dame Cathedral or eat at various restaurants. There definitely wasn't much to do in Mont Tremblant besides hiking up the ski slopes or eat at local bars. But the entire trip was really relaxing, which I desperately needed; in fact, relaxation is the theme of my summer this year. I need a break from the world. No work, no school, no anything that requires thinking. I'm so glad that my roommate/best friend was so considerate of my feelings as she made sure I was resting and relaxing properly. I am also glad that I got to know her and another friend better over the 8 hours of driving. Sometimes I just wonder how close we've gotten over the years despite not seeing each other on a consistent basis.

One of the things that was mentioned during our rides to various places was our accomplishments at the age of 25. I have actually been thinking about this for the past year and it often results to negative feelings. I honestly feel like I haven't accomplished anything, despite everyone around me saying I have accomplished alot. Besides passing highschool and getting two degrees, I really haven't done much in throughout the 25 years I have been on earth - at least nothing that is not education-related. I think my parents know how tired/stressed I am from schooling (and becoming the best of the best) that they really wanted me to go on vacation, so I am FOREVER grateful for this opportunity to rest (my parents literally told me to sleep, eat and repeat for four months).

I know I haven't accomplished what I want to have accomplished by this day and age, but I can't go back in time. So I am just going to plan and look forward to what's to come so I can come back to this topic next year and say that I have accomplished something other than school. To those who don't know yet, I am going to be doing another year of school (hope this is my last year!!! that is, if God doesn't tell me to do more school...uhh, I honestly have had enough) then I can actually move on to another stage of life and do something that I have been planning to do for a VERY long time......

This is my favourite picture from the road trip!


Ze Roomie!


No comments: