Remember how a car rear ended me last year (a couple days after my birthday) in Scarborough? And remember how that guy wouldn't give me his driving license because his license was suspended? Well, apparently the police pressed charges on him because the guy was no where to be found. The police one night called me asking for his whereabouts and I definitely had no idea. Who actually keeps in touch with the person who rear-ended you after all damages have been fixed? Well, the police explained everything to me and asked me some stuff. A month later, I received court orders stating that I needed to be present as a witness.
Now, here's the exciting part. I have actually been in the court room before - way back when I took grade 11 law. But I had never actually been INVOLVED in a case where I had to go to court for. The entire experience was exciting, but nerve wrecking. It was kinda like in the movies. Prior to the proceedings, the police office called me out of the room to talk about the case. And then shortly conducting all the standard procedures in the court room, the prosecutor presented my case and asked me to stand up and walk to the witness stand. Yes, I had to swear/affirm.The prosecutor kept asking me questions and I just answered. The judge listened and responded. And then it was followed by the police's statements.
What was interesting was that the defendant (the guy) was nowhere to be found. It definitely would have been more exciting if he was there, cuz at least I could see how interpreters do things in court. Nonetheless, it was fun and exciting. It was definitely an eye-opener!
1 comment:
plus I would like to see the look on his face when he's declared guilty of like 5 billion charges
Post a Comment