There's just so much to reflect on regarding life at Brock.
Where should I start?
Well, I have never imagined myself going to Brock. In fact, when I applied for undergrad 4 years ago, I didn't even research the school. Reason being I already had my eyes set for McMaster because their science program sounded really good and it was kind of close to home. But if I had known about their Linguistics and Speech program or just knowing about them in general, Brock would be one of my choices.
Brock is an awesome school. Although academically, it isn't as strong as Mac's, Brock has this thing that makes you feel very comfortable when you are there.
Reasons why Brock > Mac:
- People at Brock are generally nicer. Not sure if this is true, but one of the profs said the reason for this is because students at Brock are mostly from small towns such as pickering and other towns that I have never heard of; whereas students at Mac are mostly from big cities like Toronto, Mississauga
- Not sure if it is because I am a grad student or what, but I feel that the profs are nicer here and they understand you more.
- Brock, or rather St. Catharines, has an awesome bus system. Most buses come every 15 minutes. Mac buses come like one every 45 minutes or something.
So in general, Brock University is better in terms of university life ( at least for me! I will explain this in the next post), but McMaster is still better academically; perhaps it is because the school has more money.
And if I had known about linguistics or even speech language pathology prior to entering university, I would have never chosen Mac... since they don't really have a good ling program.
No comments:
Post a Comment