so it's been about 3 weeks since I started working at P&B. I gotta say, it's been quite an experience. The first week went by so slowly that I thought it was never going to end. I had a partner who I had problems communicating with; I had to follow him around cuz I didn't have my own access card yet. I felt very uncomfortable at work because I didn't know anyone; the co workers didn't know who I was and didn't give me any work to do because they didn't trust me with them. There was a hard time getting to know some of the summer students because I was the "newbie". All in all, the first week and an a half of work was quite unbearable.
God really answered my prayers. My second week of work was a complete 360 degree turn. I felt alot comfortable with everything and most importantly, I was able to communicate with my partner. There seems to be this love and hate relationship between my partner and I; there are times when I just enjoy hanging out and talking to him about the most randomest things, but there are also times when I just hate his face and voice. Sometimes it just really bothers me when he does things that are soooo stupid and does not think about the consequences.
Everything went really well this week in terms of communicating with coworkers, partner and team leaders. I was so busy with work that I felt that the time went by super quickly. And I am really glad that my partner and I are really getting along and helping each other out (eventhough sometimes he prefers helping out another person, which really makes me mad because afterall, we ARE partners). I really enjoy talking to him and the majority of the summer students when I get really tired and bored from work.
The one thing that I am really thankful for is the number of summer students. Last year when I worked at the cabinet office, I was the ONLY summer student. I had no one to talk to when I was bored. I constantly had NO work to do. The only positive thing was that I was allowed to do was surf the net and write emails (to kevinL and Richard haha). This year, the summer students have been quite close over the past 3 weeks and I am really grateful for it. There are a couple of people whom I am quite close to and some whom I just find it hard to communicate with....
All in all, I am just so thankful for what the Lord has done. I asked and He answered (almost right away!). My partner and I are really getting along most of the time and I think it is because of this other girl who is extremely talkative and she gives us alot of topics to talk about... haha. Out of all the summer students, I think I can work with him the best. God surely knows what I need and what I am capable of.
There are still 4 more weeks to go in this job and I just pray that each week will get better and better. I pray that I can become better friends with the summer students and that I can spread the love of Jesus Christ to them.
1 comment:
heehee... i'm glad you finally got around to posting ! =) And such a happy one too! ^__^
I praise God with you for sure! And much continued prayers as well ^__^
Post a Comment