Monday, July 13, 2009

First Day of Work - PTL!!!

- Woke up this morning at 6:15am.
- Ate breakfast.
- Went to Square one to take the 7:15am Go bus to yonge&sheppard.
- Go bus went really slowly due to traffic on hwy401
- Arrived at yonge&sheppard 15 minutes late.
- Ran to the sheppard subway station
- Had problems finding the right train going southbound to York Mills
- Finally found the correct line after 2 minutes of following this girl who looked like she was going to Southbound
- Got to york mills station in 2 minutes.
- ran to the TTC bus #122.... to find out that the next bus will come in 7 minutes. Panicked. Asked lady infront of me. She told me that the bus comes every 5minutes ish and that it will take about 15 minutes to get to Duncan Mill Rd.
-Time check: 8:35am; still waiting for the bus.
- Bus arrive arrives; started praying hard that I won't be late for my first day of work.
- Arrives at work at 9:00AM. Praise the Lord!!!!
- Did paper work; met a whole bunch of people.......

[edit]

- there are alot of summer students this year, all scattered on different floors. But people tend to take breaks and lunch together. Everyone is AT LEAST 2 years younger than me; some just graduated from highschool. It is very hard for me to "fit in" and talk to them cuz 1) I am not really an openminded person 2) I feel really old compared to then. I feel like I am a lot more mature than them 3) I dont know what to say to them if we don't have anything in common. I am really thankful for my mentor/helper tho eventhough I wish he was older than me. He can be really nice but sometimes I just want to beat him up him.

I am still really scared about going to wok. Please pray for me for wisdom, interpersonal skills, and intelligence.

I pray that each day gets better. sigh. I can't wait for the weekend! I want to do something fun!!!

In the midst of all this, I need to continue to Praise the Lord for giving me this job.

No comments: