It is called 168 Japan Buffet, located at Glen Erin and Erin Mills. It is RIGHT beside Miga (the Korean restaurant).
website
How we found out:
my mom's boss told her that there is this new japanese ayce restaurant. The boss and her collegues wanted my family to try it first and get comments from us because 1) the wong's have really high expectation of japanese food because japanese food is our favourite kind of food 2) the wong's love to try new japanese restaurants 3) because we love japanese restaurants so much, we have tried practically all of mississauga's acye places and a quarter of ayce jap places in toronto, so we can make some comparisions
So one night papa wong was craving for some japanese acye. Without a doubt, we went to this new place.
The atmosphere:
- the place is really spacious. comfortable seating. I would say 2-3x bigger than maki maki. 1.5x bigger than honten... 8/10
The service:
- wayyyyy better than ALL acye places in sauga and toronto. I dont know if it is because the waitresses/waiters were new, but they were really nice to us eventhough they didn't know much english and cantonese. Who knows, they might turn mean after a couple of months cuz they get fed up with ridiculous customers. The food came out REALLY quickly and they NEVER missed a single thing unlike other jap restaurants. Perhaps it was because we went there at 8:30pm on a sunday night. I really HATE the service at Maki Maki. I have MANY stories to tell about that restaurant. Same goes with Prince Sushi, Momiji and Honten. 9/10 for 168 japan buffet.
The food:
- It says on their menu that they have over 100 items to choose from. They have many different kinds of rolls. Not gonna lie, they were REALLY fresh. We are a crazy fan of sashimi and not so much rolls though. The bad thing is that when you order rolls, they come in 6's. So it is best to go with friends so you can try everything. Also, they don't have enough different cooked dishes to choose from, but it was okay. The food overall was fresh! The tempuras were realllly good. Their fried stuff overall was pretty crunchy. I give them 8.5/10.
The Price:
They charge the same price everyday for dinner. $22.95. Which I say is normal, I guess. I forgot the price for lunch. 7/10 - well, of course, the cheaper the better. haha
Comments:
- I really like this restaurant, mostly because it is better than other japanese ayce places in sauga. My brother thinks it tastes the same as Waterloo's ye's sushi (whatever that means) Nuthing bad happened to us the first time we went so....and until something wrong happens, imma claim this as my new fav japanese restaurant in SAUGA. However, this restaurant still does not beat our all-time favourite restaurant - "japon du maison"!!!!!!!!
Overall, I give this new japanese ayce restaurant 8.5/10.
Will I visit this restaurant again? YES.
1 comment:
you're my new food critic!
so LET'S GO!!!!
i want to put your taste buds to the test :p
Post a Comment