Monday, September 29, 2008

God gave me a warning this weekend:

Last week right after I found that it was gym day on Saturday at Zoe, I quickly asked God whether I should go home this weekend or not. So it was basically choosing between school and play. I really like gym days cuz I just loooove playing sports...but how can I have fun when there is soo much work waiting for me to get done? So I decided to work really hard on wed and thursday and trying to get most of it done before the weekend. Honestly, I haven't been sleeping much cuz knowing me, I can't sleep when I know that there is still alot of work to be done and I didn't wanna sleep too much cuz that will take away my hw time. Anyways, on Friday morning, I woke up at 7am to do work. I had a horrible tummy ache so I went over to the washroom. I went back to my room to sleep for another 10 minutes. Not long later, I went back to the washroom cuz it was hurting again and then went back to the room to sleep for another 10 more minutes. For the third time, I went back to the washroom and then the scary part starts here:

I was in the stall feeling sooo dizzy. So I decided to rush out of the washroom to go back to my room. My body kept hitting the walls back and forth but I managed to get out of the washroom door and into the hallway. I tried to put myself together and just rush back to the room but I couldn't... I kept wobbling and hitting the two walls back and forth and in no time, I fell on the floor and I fainted.

Praise God that there was this girl who walked by cuz she needed to brush up for school. She saw me bouncing off walls, wobbly, and fell to the floor. She came over and asked me if I was okay and if I was drunk. I couldn't respond right away cuz I was so weak. With all the energy that I had, I said " I think I fainted".

She was soooo scared that she ran to find the CA ( floor leader). The CA came out in no time and saw me on the floor unable to move. She quickly called efrt ( on-campus emergency medical people) and just stayed with me till they arrived. In the meantime, my tummy was hurting again and I really needed to use the washroom. I was in sooo much pain and just didn't know what to do but cry out to God. The CA wouldn't let me use the washroom cuz she didn't want to touch me till the efrt people came. She just kept telling me to wait for 2 minutes....man, it was the longest 2 minutes ever! I was sooo cold and I was sweating like crazy! cold sweating like I had a fever.

The efrt people came and kept asking me all these questions and basically tried to keep me awake. I was sooo weak that I couldn't say much and just wanted to close my eyes. They kept waking me up and asking me all these stuff. They checked my blood pressure and my glucose level and checked where my stomach was hurting. They told me that my bp was 160/40? I forgot what they said, but I told my parents afterwards and they told me that's VERY low. I actually don't remember. After the procedure was done, they tried to help me sit up but it actually quite hard...but they were strong enough to help me. They also gave me gatorade to drink and that made me feel ALOT better. So I quickly asked them if my glucose level was low and they said no, it is fine. So I dont know what happened. But ya after everything, they helped me back to my room and I quickly called my dad.

MY dad picked me up at school and took me over to see the doctor. She told me that it was a vasovagal reaction or vasovagal syncope.

Apparently, one of my nerves that is associated with my blood vessel blocked the circulation of blood. So the blood all went to my legs and none to my brain, thus the fainting. click here for more information

I went home afterwards and just reflected about my life. I guess my stress accumulated over the week eventhough I was feeling alot better on wed night, but the stress was still there. I haven't been eating or sleeping properly either. For the entire weekend, my parents made sure I wasn't working too hard and slept early.

It was definitely a warning from God. Eventhough I kept telling myself to hand over everything to Him, I wasn't. Eventhough I really wanted to finish everything as fast as possible, I couldn't because my body just couldn't take it. It was quite a scary experience. And according to wikipedia, this episode of fainting will occur again later in life.

I've really thought it over the weekend...

- I really need to FULLY rely on God with school work
- I need to eat and drink properly
- and no more sleeping at 3am and waking up at 7am.

Even if I don't do well in school, it is okay, cuz I already did my best right? and God will do the rest.


Anyways, to all my devoted readers out there, don't worry. I am back to normal now. Strong as ever!


( I never knew fat people can faint too...)

3 comments:

cluk said...

Dear Priscilla,

I'm glad you're okay at last. Do take care of yourself though. Have fruits and drink lots of water!

your devoted reader,
Charis

:: k e l l y :: said...

ohmygosh.
pris!!!! are you okay now?? sending some more prayers your way. don't stress yourself about coming back, take it easy okay?

loveu,
kell

eleasa said...

ohmygoodness, priscilla. i've told you this already over msn, but seriously. take care of your health & your body & don't force yourself to finish work just to come back to zoe. we do love you lots & do love for you to come back... but not at the expense of your health!

i'm glad you're much better now. don't faint again - don't believe Wikipedia that wholly!

love you lots & gonna miss you even more!