The message by Pastor Paul at Westside two weeks ago was just amazing. He talked about fellowship and how it should be and the first thing that came to my mind was Zoe. The msg really touched me deeply and I just couldn't stop analyzing our fellowship to see if it is what God wants us to be.
1 John 1:5-7
Fellowship means... "to share or to participate in common cause"
There are four things to being a good fellowship in the eyes of the Lord:
A) Recognize God's Grace
- we need to recognize that we're are alll sinners
- in the eyes of the Lord, we are alll the same to Him...no matter our race, background, class..etc.
B) Encouraging One Another
- Death words vs. Life words
- are we really saying things that we mean? or just saying it cuz you think it is the right way? If your words are not encouraging, then might as well not say it.
Honestly, when I look at zoe, I sometimes see encouragements, but I don't think it is enough.
C) Be Warm
- This is about our attitude towards others.... are we being nice and caring to one another, meeting and including new people or are we just always hanging out with the SAME group of friends and being all cliquy?
Four things:
1) Building up in public, but correcting in private
2) Critical yet constructive
3) Reaching out
4) Welcoming Newcomers
D) Carrying each other's burdens
I think Zoe's doing well in this category. When I look back, I see that people are praying for others. But sometimes I feel that it is hard to work on this category as a fellowship because people are not willing to open up about themselves...
Great message by P. Paul and I wish Zoe had listened to the sermon live.
2 comments:
wow pris.
can i share this with others?
it sounds like a great message and i really wish i was there to hear it in person with pastorpaul.
pastor paul is THE awesome! i miss his loud booming voice...
i agree with kell - that sounded like a great message that needs to be shared!
Post a Comment