Sunday, April 13, 2008

Death

When I got home on thursday night, I received a msg from F on msn about something that I didn't want to know. It read, "Uncle H passed away today." I sat on my chair, totally shocked. I kept telling myself that it is prolly a joke that F's pulling....because there is no way that Uncle H could have passed away. Just no way. Uncle H didn't have cancer or any terminal illness.... soo there is really no way. I msged him back and told him to really stop joking around about this and he replied saying that it is the truth. I still couldn't believe it. There is really no wayyy that this thing have happened. I tried calling home but the line wasn't going through. I continued sitting on the chair just thinking... what if it is true? What is going to happen to Auntie P, C and T? How are they going to cope with this sudden loss? What's going to happen now? they need their dad. In this midst of this, I just prayed that it wasn't true....

I went back to the study room but nuthing could go in my head. I just waited for the time to pass by so I could call home to talk with my parents. When my mom picked up at the phone, my mom said that it was the true. Uncle H passed away this afternoon. As of right now, we dont know how he died since he just fainted and then blacked out. C was there to call the ambulance but the end uncle H couldn't make it when he got to the hospital.

I was still shocked from all of this. I didn't even know how to cry cuz I was just soo shocked how a life could end so suddenly. Uncle H went to church to play basketball on monday and he was fine that night... but the next day and onwards, he felt sick so he didn't go to work. But how can one just die so suddenly? I was just soo worried about Aunt P, C and T.


I have never experienced a death of a family member, let alone someone close. Well, my paternal grandma died when I was 2 but I didn't know anything cuz I was so little. Although Uncle H was not related to me, everyone in BCBC, MCAC and my family will miss him dearly. He was an amazing chef. He made caesar salad in a white garbage bag and his "non-rubbery" turkey, gravy, stuffings will be missed. Thanksgiving will never be the same without him.

I know that every kid who knew him are touched and shocked by this incident because he touched everyone of us kids some way. He has seen each one of us grow up to be the person we are today. He taught us how to play basketball (with all these wicked moves), cook and just everything about life. One time he randomly told me how to choose a good career and that was when I was in grade 9-ish.

I am just so touched by how many brothers/sisters/aunts and uncles of both churches have come to comfort them. That's what the church is for, we are here to build each other up in all circumstances. I really pray for their family right now as they go through this time of loss....


We will all miss Uncle H dearly and he will always be in our minds during holiday seasons. But he is in a better place right now, with Jesus, singing with the angels and living a life of eternity. There is a reason why God took him away so suddenly. God has already planned out our lives and all we have to do is to live it according to His will.

With this whole incident, it just reminded me how precious life is. We really need to cherish all our loved ones. For the time that is spent fighting and arguing over something unnecessary, I think we should instead use the time to love them because you'll never know when that special someone is going to leave.


cherish.

2 comments:

cluk said...

I've been starring at the msg box for over 2 min and I don't know what to say.

I just want to wish the aunty and their kids well.

ml said...

me too,
i feel really bad =(
i'll pray for you and your family