Monday, March 14, 2011

Trust

Yesterday's sermon was definitely a slap in the face. Last week's meeting at Emmanuel was about keeping the Sabbath and I got SO much out of it. I really learned to work hard on the first 6 days of the week and then spend a day of rest, meaning more God and no/minimal work, on the 7th. I am glad I have someone whom I can be accountable to.. and she's been doing a really good job at making sure I am really working hard and not procrastinate. Yesterday's sermon by PAdrian was really... man... words can't even describe my feelings. He was talking about the history of Sabbath, its meaning and reasons why we need to keep the Sabbath. But after all of that stuff, he said something along the lines of "yes, we need to keep the Sabbath, yes, we need to rest and spend this one day on God; but the real issue is, whether we are able to FULLY trust in God; whether we're able to let go for just one day and spend those working hours on God".

To be honest, I really have a problem of letting go and trusting God to the fullest. Yes, I always tell myself that I need to fully rely on Him and trust Him for everything, but I often find myself stressed out about school and life. I honestly get stressed out about everything. One tiny event, something as small as having a bad hair day, can stress me out. I can certainly talk the walk, but can I really walk the talk? Not really. So I really need to humble down and change my way of thinking.

Please pray for me and please remind me to trust and obey every single time I say I am stressed out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmm... a good reminder for me too... I should try doing that :D

Thanks for the update, and addprayers, sweetie!

eleasa said...

p-la, what a good reminder! that the Sabbath was set in place by God for our lives to remain grounded in trusting & thanking Him for what He's given us. thanks for sharing your convictions from the sermon. i miss youuuuuu!